LIB 1000: Introduction to the College Library and Information Resources (1 Credit Hour):
- Taught by librarians, take this course and learn effective library use and basic research skills necessary for college readiness.
- English/ESL Placement: Placement into ENG 1055 or higher (or placement into ESL 1011 or higher for students taking the ESL sequence of courses.)
- LIB 1100 students learn how to:
- become effective and efficient researchers and library users
- select the most appropriate research tools from a variety of library resources for any research assignment
- analyze and evaluate information to determine credibility
- cite sources accurately
- avoid plagiarism
- English/ESL Placement: Placement into ENG 1510.
Information literacy skills are essential for student success and can be used in your personal life. Check out the Winter 2017 Schedule of Classes to find out more.