Auburn Hills Campus Library
These FREE seminars are held Tuesdays 12:30-1pm in room D206 in the Auburn Hills Library. Ask your instructors about extra credit. Call 248.232.4128 with questions.
- Tuesday, May 17 - What Can the Library Do For Me?
Find out why so many students say, “I wish I’d come to the library sooner.”
- Tuesday, May 24 - Getting the Most out of the Library Catalog
Learn how to find and renew library materials online.
- Tuesday, May 31 - Scholarly vs. Non-scholarly: Why Should I Care?
Learn what it means for articles & websites to be scholarly & credible – your grade might depend on it.
- Tuesday, June 7 - So You Have a Pro-Con Assignment…
Learn how to locate resources that offer multiple perspectives on a controversial topic.
- Tuesday, June 14 - Evaluating websites
Learn how to identify trustworthy websites. Not all .com websites are bad, and not all .edu websites are perfect!
Orchard Ridge Campus Library
Free Library Success Seminars to help you get the most out of the OCC Libraries. Seminars are held on Mondays 12-12:30 in the Orchard Ridge Library. Ask your instructor about getting extra credit for participating.
- May 16 - Getting to Know Your OCC Library
Learn about the library, our web page, how to get research help, and more.
- May 23 - Choosing a Research Topic
Need a research topic? The OCC Libraries have great resources to help you out.
- June 6 - The OCC Library Catalog
This orientation will teach you how to find library materials effectively.
- June 13 - FREE Articles @ Your OCC Library
Need magazine, journal, or newspaper articles? Come learn about our databases.
Free Library Success Seminars to help you get the most out of the OCC Libraries. Seminars are held in the Royal Oak Campus Library room C202.
- Web Search vs. Research
Monday May 23, 5-6pm & Wednesday June 8, 5-6pm
- Library Homepage Hunt
Tuesday June 14, 4-5pm
- Help Me Find Good Websites
Monday June 27, 5:30-6:30pm