With Search Everything, now you can!
It is a seamless way to find almost anything at the OCC Libraries in one search.
What can it search at the same time?
Online and print materials, including:
- Books, videos and other materials available for checkout in the OCC Library Catalog;
- Online full-text magazine, newspaper, and journal articles from more than 30 databases;
- Ebooks, streaming videos, images, and more.
So, I’m ready. What do I do?
On the OCC Libraries home page in the Search Everything tab, add your search words into the search box. On the next screen, select from as many options on the left side as you like to hone your results. Sample choices for limiters are by format, date, related subjects, OCC location, publication name, or database.
- You don’t know where to start your research.
- You want to go beyond results from your searches in other databases or the Library Catalog.
- You would like to see results sorted by relevancy rather than date.
- You would like to see an overview of what’s available at OCC.
- You would like to search multiple databases at once.
- You need more precise results from subject headings in the Library Catalog or databases.
- You are looking for more focused or scholarly articles on a topic covered in a specialized database, such as CINAHL (Nursing), PsycARTICLES (Psychology), or ERIC (Education).
- If you are looking for a specific book or article. The Library Catalog is best if you know the book you want, and the OCC Library Journals List is best to locate a known article.
Not to worry! The classic Find Books/Library Catalog has not gone away!
And separate databases can still be searched from the Find Articles/Databases page.
How can I learn more?
View a brief demo video on how to get started
Take it on a spin today!
by Ann Walaskay